Welcome Back
Johnny starts new comedy show

Mon 26 Sep 2011 - 10:09 || Welcome Back Wi-owner || Newest user is KrisDeviant || Number of Post 5624 || Site up Days 748

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Johnny starts new comedy show Empty
Johnny starts new comedy show Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:45 pm

Wi-owner

Wi-owner

Roxroy McLean, Star Intern
Johnny starts new comedy show STARRIGHT_1_P366JJohnnyAM
Christopher 'Johnny' Daley - Contributed

Christopher 'Johnny' Daley will yet again be hoping to entertain local audiences when he plays host to a 13-weeks live-comedy show, which is set to begin on Saturday, March 10.

The popular Jamaican actor joined forces with the owners of Village Blues Bars (formerly Village Café), located in Orchid Village, on Barbican Road, in creating a new comedic series titled Johnny Raw at The Village, which will be held each Wednesday night, for one and a half hour.

The series will be produced by Village Blues Bars and the former Lime Tree Lane star expressed confidence that the show would impact positively.

The former Comedy Buss host said he would be seeking a female dwarf as his co-host, which he hoped would bring more amusement to patrons on a weekly basis.

"I don't know why they are not popular. I think it will be something fresh and exciting, with the idea of a dwarf being my co-host. They are so funny," the actor said.

Johnny Raw at The Village will be an uncensored live event. The theme is to give fans an up-close-and-personal experience with the morning-time host, as well as enjoying discussions on various topical issues in a humorous manner.

There will be other special guest comedians, with Elva Ruddock and Dr Michael Abrahams already confirmed. The format will also include performances from various artistes each week, with a resident saxophonist.

Johnny, who will open each night with a 30-minute stand-up comedy act, believes the idea will attract a great deal of interest from the public and will move the comedy industry to further heights.

"I think comedy in Jamaica has been stuck in a rut. I think we as comedians are not pushing enough to make it improve. The aim of the show is to bring back comedians to that level, where anything can be discussed in a jovial manner," he said.

Auditions for a dwarf to co-host Johnny will start at 10 a.m. on Saturday March 6, at Village Blues Bars.

"I don't know why they are not popular.

I think it will be something fresh and exciting, with the

idea of a dwarf being my co-host. They

are so funny."

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Chat Room
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com