Welcome Back
Milk doing it all

Mon 26 Sep 2011 - 10:09 || Welcome Back Wi-owner || Newest user is KrisDeviant || Number of Post 5624 || Site up Days 748

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Milk doing it all  Empty
Milk doing it all Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:50 pm

Wi-owner

Wi-owner

Milk doing it all - Media personality writes book, plans another 'Milky Way' and more

Milk doing it all  MilkMilk doing it all  Milksewell
Amelia 'Milk' Sewell - Contributed

TV personality-producer, radio host and now deejay Amelia 'Milk' Sewell has much on her plate these days, having recently completed her run in theatre, writing a book, planning her birthday party for next year and has a number of songs out.

Speaking with THE STAR recently, Milk, who recently finished her stint on stage with the Douglas Prout-directed Against His Will, said while the business has been challenging, she is determined to make her mark.

Also part of the Fiwi Charts show, Milk got into music earlier this year with her song, Flossy. Now, she says she has a number of songs coming out, including Little Kitty for Seanizzle, Come and Get It for Russian and Hot Girl with Cashflow Productions. She also hopes to do work with Leftside soon.

She said, "the Hot Girl song is like a follow-up to the Flossy song. it's been great working with all these people, everybody in the industry has been great to me. But the hardest thing is getting people to take me seriously as an artiste. Everybody just thinks of me as a tv personality, and puts me in a box. But I've been learning the business." According to Milk, she has been working with a writer called 'X Factor', from Waterford, where she writes and records her music at his studio.

She added, "I think I have tight lyrics and good melodies, but I'm waiting on that buss-buss song. but, you know, everything takes time. once that song drops then, it's gonna be good."

Outside of music, Milk is also in the process of writing her first book.

According to Milk, the book is an autobiography of her life from her childhood to present day.

Milk says, "My life is so epic; and some people have too many misconceptions on my life and what I do on a day-to-day basis. I just want to set the record straight."

pinpoint accuracy

She continued, "I'm in the process of shopping for publishers right now; and I'm also in the process of gathering phone numbers and calling persons and asking for their permission to use their names in the book, because I don't want to make up anything. I want everything to be true."

Although she thinks the task might be hard, she said she wants the book to be on pinpoint accuracy.

"I have to sit down and conjure up certain memories. I'm gonna tell everything as it happened; and by the time I finish with the book, or couple years from now, I want it to be made into a movie," she said.

Although the book is not yet named, she said the book would show the many faces of Milk and speak in detail of all the struggles she has been through.

"It's a very interesting saga, here comes the book, so get ready!" she said.

Fans can also look out for her birthday party 'Milky Way' to be held in Kingston on January 8. Milk has been hosting her birthday party since 2007, with the first one being held at the Asylum (now the Building), and has since expanded to Montego Bay. This edition of 'Milky Way', she said, will be the 'Crush Ice and Whipcream' party.

She said, "I think I'm going to need a larger venue soon, the support so far has been really great. My parties always catch patrons with the theme. you really see the theme played out during the party, so I'm sure people are going to want to see how the crush ice and whipcream plays out."

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Chat Room
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com