Welcome Back
Police Commissioner reports a decline in extortion

Mon 26 Sep 2011 - 10:09 || Welcome Back Wi-owner || Newest user is KrisDeviant || Number of Post 5624 || Site up Days 748

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wi-owner

Wi-owner

Police Commissioner reports a decline in extortion Owen-ellington_2Commissioner of Police Owen Ellington believes that the security forces have caused a major dent in extortion rackets especially those operating in the corporate area.

Commissioner Ellington says there seems to have been a decline in extortion activities in the aftermath of the joint security operations in the Corporate Area.

Speaking at the RJR Group News Forum on Friday, the constabulary's chief noted the law enforcement community is pushing forward with an anti-extortion strategy.

“The problem is fear. They enforce fear in the minds of their victims that is why you do not get reports about extortion. So what we have to do is win back some of the community’s confidence. I think that the activities over the past couple of weeks have really shaken the confidence of the extortionists around the business district,”

“I have heard reports of business persons saying that nobody has come to collect in a couple of days and I have heard a lot of reports of criminals afraid to come back into the area of operation to carry out their collection because of the extraordinary presence of the police there,” Commissioner Ellington said.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Chat Room
Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com