Welcome Back
'Magnum hopefuls' scammed

Mon 26 Sep 2011 - 10:09 || Welcome Back Wi-owner || Newest user is KrisDeviant || Number of Post 5624 || Site up Days 748

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1'Magnum hopefuls' scammed Empty
'Magnum hopefuls' scammed Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:53 am

Wi-owner

Wi-owner

Sadeke Brooks, Staff Reporter
'Magnum hopefuls' scammed Magnum1420100412CH'Magnum hopefuls' scammed Magnum1320100412CH
( l - r ) Reggae Queen, Gallawas

Unsuspecting peoplehave been scammed as unscrupulous people have falsely collected money for votes on behalf of contestants in the Magnum Kings and Queens of Dancehall competition.

The issue came to the fore on Saturday's show when Reggae Queen said it was becoming a problem for her.

When contacted Reggae Queen, whose real name is Rushelle Greene, said she became aware of the problem last week while campaigning.

"I've heard that persons have been going around with containers marked 'Reggae Queen' and collecting money on my behalf," she told THE STAR.

"I was campaigning in Kingston last week when a gentleman told me that somebody who looks exactly like me collected money from him."

She said the man said the woman wore a coloured wig and had the same body type and skin tone as her. The man also told her that a group of men was following the person. However, Reggae Queen said all campaigning to get votes is done by her or her younger cousin.

saddened by discovery

On another occasion, Reggae Queen said, "a man seh how yuh greedy so, mi nuh just drop something inna yuh pan?"

Robert 'Nesta' Morgan, publicist for the show, said he heard what happened to Reggae Queen and he is saddened by the discovery.

"It's sad that this thing is happening, as this is how the contestants campaign; and it would be sad if some unscrupulous person tries to benefit from the hard work of these young people," he told THE STAR.

"I want people to support the contestants but be careful. These are young people chasing their dreams."

However, he was not aware that it has been happening to another contestant, Gallawas.

The 17-year-old deejay said she became aware of the scam while trying to raise funds for voting in Christiana, Manchester.

"I went up to a lady in Christiana and she seh 'a wah happen to yuh gal, mi nuh just give yuh money inna yuh pan?" said the youngster, whose real name is Saneisha Graham.

collecting money falsely

After finding this out, Gallawas said she had to show the woman pictures of herself and explain that she was not associated with the previous persons.

While she does not believe there is much she can do about the situation, she urged the people collecting money falsely to refrain from doing so.

"Please stop using my name to get money. It nuh mek no sense 'cause unuh nah use it towards me. It's better for you if you want something to beg it for yourself," she told THE STAR, while noting that she is considering reporting it to the police.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Chat Room
Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com