Welcome Back
Shaggy and Friends fête Bustamante Hospital for Children

Mon 26 Sep 2011 - 10:09 || Welcome Back Wi-owner || Newest user is KrisDeviant || Number of Post 5624 || Site up Days 748

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wi-owner

Wi-owner

by Jamaica star

Krista Henry, Staff Reporter

Shaggy and Friends fête Bustamante Hospital for Children STARRIGHT_1_PAJ6JShaggyAM Shaggy and Friends fête Bustamante Hospital for Children STARRIGHT_1_P3DX3ShaggyAM

Left: Shaggy was on hand for the treat at the Bustamante Hospital for Children. Right: Tessanne Chin is all smiles as she plays with this baby during her visit to the Bustamante Hospital for Children. - Krista Henry Photos

Christmas cheer was spread around the Bustamante Hospital for Children yesterday evening when the Shaggy and Friends Foundation gave out gifts and hosted a concert for the kids.

Shaggy and some of his friends, the Bank of Nova Scotia volunteers as well as the Digicel crew and entertainers such as Digicel Rising Stars Cameal Davis and Romain Virgo, Tessanne Chin, Alaine and Red Fox went around the wards handing out presents.

The Scotia volunteers could also be seen wearing Santa hats and walking around handing out gifts and making children smile. Miss Jamaica 2007, Sara Lawrence, who was dressed as 'Mrs Claus' and was accompanied by her own Santa Claus on the mission.

Over 150 gifts were given out and the children were treated to having their faces painted and given hats to wear as well. On the wards the entertainers went around singing to the kids, meeting with their parents and spreading joy around the hospital. NCB was also on hand with a gift of $100,000 to the Shaggy and Friends Foundation.

During the visit, Digicel surprised Everton Purcell, the longest-serving employee of the hospital, with a long service recognition gift. Purcell, who has been at the hospital for over 37 years said of the institution; "I don't think I could ever work anywhere else. The hospital has grown a lot since I started here at age 16 and I have been a part of that growth."

Afterwards, the kids were treated to a concert with a magician called Wizard who gave them quite the show as they cried "awesome" to his every move. When The STAR caught up with Shaggy he said everything was ready and set for his concert scheduled for January 2 at Jamaica House.

"Today we're doing the treat as usual, the rain dampened it a little as we usually do it outside but there were more empty beds this time around which is a very good sign," he said.

Shaggy and Friends fête Bustamante Hospital for Children STARRIGHT_1_PM6E6ShaggyAM

Miss Jamaica Sara Lawrence dressed as 'Mrs Claus' alongside Mr Claus.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Chat Room
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com