Welcome Back
US promoter wants back deposit from Gyptian

Mon 26 Sep 2011 - 10:09 || Welcome Back Wi-owner || Newest user is KrisDeviant || Number of Post 5624 || Site up Days 748

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wi-owner

Wi-owner

US promoter wants back deposit from Gyptian Ent_thumb

❒ Artiste's manager says money was returned

Sadeke Brooks, Staff Reporter

A promoter in the United States is fuming as she says she has been unable to recover money paid for Gyptian to perform at a show that he subsequently pulled out of.

Stephanie Neverson-Young, who operates a company called Under Barbie Promotion, said she was contacted by a group of high-school students in New York who wanted Gyptian to perform at their prom, which was going to be held on a boat on June 10.

Neverson-Young said she made contact with Gyptian's manager Ivor Ruddock in May and an agreement was made for the artiste to perform at the event. Afterwards, she said a US$5,000 (J$430,000) deposit was sent. Thereafter, she said she was informed by the manager that she could print the flyers with Gyptian's name on it.

"Everything was fine until about a week before the event when he called and told me that there were some visa issues and he (Gyptian) would not be able to travel," she told THE WEEKEND STAR.

After much research, Neverson-Young said she found out that Gyptian was booked for another event at Legends nightclub in Washington DC for the same day.

She said speedy contact was made with Serani to perform at the event, that was held on the New York Princess in Brooklyn.

Since sending the deposit to Ruddock in May, Neverson-Young said it has not been returned after she made numerous calls to him. She said he had also told her on many occasions that the money had been sent back to her. However, the promoter said she has not received it and is in debt as a result.

"For the behaviour that he has displayed, he needs to be exposed. Some of them (students) had to work after school to get this money so that they could pay for their prom dresses and tickets," she told THE WEEKEND STAR.

"I even had to take money from my pocket to cover some of the expenses. I needed to have the money as of last week. I have bills to be paid. I cannot wait any longer."

However, when contacted, Ruddock said the money had already been sent.

"The wire has been sent but the bank said it needed a beneficiary address. I asked her for it and she texted it to me. She is just trying to create problems 'cause she's upset," he told THE WEEKEND STAR, noting that the wire was sent on June 12.

He added that the artiste could not make the date as he was involved in a bike accident on Molynes Road on June 7. He also refuted Neverson-Young's claims of a double booking.

In the meantime, Ruddock said Gyptian is still recovering from the accident. The artiste is also gearing up to release his album Hold Yuh in July.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Chat Room
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com