Welcome Back
Nokia N8 released | flagship or uber fail?

Mon 26 Sep 2011 - 10:09 || Welcome Back Wi-owner || Newest user is KrisDeviant || Number of Post 5624 || Site up Days 748

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wi-owner

Wi-owner

Thanks to Jalokim

Nokia N8 released | flagship or uber fail? Aku0e0 Nokia announces their long awaited symbian^3 device that is said to be a flagship model that'll bring back Nokia's good name .

The last couple days I've been reviewing a lot of phones and phone OS's.
Most recent comments are really negative towards Nokia, and almost all are now bias, comparing everything to the wonderful and flawless iphone.

Nokia announced a while ago that they will be launching a brand new symbian, one that is multi touch compatible and speedy.
Symbian^3 (pronounced symbian three) directs its attention to UI and graphics acceleration. This gives a better user experiance and comfort using the device.

Symbian^3 or S^3 allows users to fully customise their phone, without needing to install new themes... Graphics acceleration gives great flowing effects that make using the device fun.

The N8 is the first device to get symbian^3
Nokia N8 released | flagship or uber fail? Nokia%20N8

N8
sporting a 12 megapixel , xenon flash and Carl Zeiss optics camera.
A 680Mhz processor with HW graphics acceleration
Multi touch, glass , scratch resistive touch screen

and loads more.

Now coming back to those negative comments.
Many GSM websites say nothing new in Nokia stable. Symbian^3 is just a nicely polished symbian^1.

The thing that gets me the most is that Nokia has had symbian for ages ... and symbian has had its load of millions of applications and anything that your phone was missing was easily added with an app.

Yet its only when a company like Apple come around and create a phone with apps... a smartphone that can be called a PDA or mini computer that people start leaving dumbphones for their much smarter counterparts.

I have touched , used and experianced the iphone , I am not bias ... I just don't see the fuss behind it.
An HP iPAQ can, and could do exactly if not more than the iphone, years and years ago.
My current 5800 can do almost everything an iphone can... so what is the decider that makes people worship the iphone?

back ontopic.
Nokia seem to have done a good job ... they have showcased a new model with a new OS ... question remains... is Nokia catching up?
Will nokia expand the Linux based Maemo platform?
Will Nokia get in touch with intel and create the Meego system that will shatter the definition of a smartphone?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Chat Room
Free forum | Art, Culture and Leisures | Painting, Drawing | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com