Welcome Back
Brigitte faces lengthy layoff

Mon 26 Sep 2011 - 10:09 || Welcome Back Wi-owner || Newest user is KrisDeviant || Number of Post 5624 || Site up Days 748

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Brigitte faces lengthy layoff Empty
Brigitte faces lengthy layoff Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:40 pm

Wi-owner

Wi-owner

Brigitte faces lengthy layoff STARLEFT_1_PPA25UWIMeetAM
Ian Allen - World 100m hurdles champion Brigitte Foster-Hylton clutches her hamstring during the womens 100m sprint at the University of Technology's Track and Field Classic at the National Stadium last week.
Andre Lowe, Senior Staff Reporter

World 100 metres hurdles champion, Brigitte Foster-Hylton, could be out of action for up to a year, after a recently done MRI scan revealed serious damage to the 35 year-old's left hamstring.

Foster-Hylton suffered the injury while competing in the 100m at last weekend's University of Technology Track and Field Classic at the National Stadium.

The MVP Track Club athlete, who is scheduled to undergo surgery on Monday, pulled up close to the 70m mark and fell heavily on the track before receiving medical attention at the venue.

This latest setback has left a cloud of uncertainty around the MVP standout and there are now concerns that she may decide to once again call it curtains on her career, after a similar move in 2008 after the Beijing Olympic Games.

Foster-Hylton has, however, ruled out retirement and is confident that she can once again bounce back from this latest injury.

Responding to questions from Star Sports, Foster-Hylton, who is now resting in Miami, confirmed the unfortunate setback.

out for a year

"The MRI showed that my left hamstring is off the tendon by three centimetres. (I'm) scheduled for surgery on Monday, (I) will be out for a year," said Foster-Hylton late last night.

"I had a similar surgery done on my right hamstring two years ago before the Beijing Olympics and I did fairly well there. Last year it was back to full strength and I had a super year," said a defiant Foster-Hylton. "I'm confident that I will recover and be back to top form.

"Recovery will be easier this time around because we dealt with it early," Foster-Hylton added.

Meanwhile, MVP president Bruce James was cagey when quizzed about the state of his charge. He was, however, quick to point out that the management's main priority at this point was to ensure the her recovery.

"At this stage I am not discussing her (Foster-Hylton's) medical situation until we have further discussions with the medical team that is reviewing her case," said James. We will be having a discussion with the medical team and after those discussions we will then make a determination as to what happens next. But right now the main interest is in the health and recovery of the athlete."

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Chat Room
Forum create on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com