Welcome Back
John Mills win in style

Mon 26 Sep 2011 - 10:09 || Welcome Back Wi-owner || Newest user is KrisDeviant || Number of Post 5624 || Site up Days 748

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1John Mills win in style Empty
John Mills win in style Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:09 am

Wi-owner

Wi-owner

John Mills win in style STARLEFT_1_POQYZJuniorCAM
Ian Allen - Samantha Harris of John Mills Primary and Junior High punches the air in delight after winning the girls' 1,500m open final on the ultimate day of the 31st staging of the Institute of Sports (INSPORT) All-Age and Junior High Athletics Championship.
Ryon Jones, Star Writer

John Mills Junior High School of Retirement Crescent closed out the 31st staging of the Institute of Sports (INSPORT) All-Age and Junior High Athletics Championship in fine style, setting three records on the final day enroute to winning their 16th consecutive title and 18th overall.

John Mills amassed 583.50 points to win with Windward Road Primary and Junior High once again having to settle for second with 317 points. Calabar Junior High (165.5), Central Branch All-Age (140.5) and Swallowfield Primary and Junior High (101.5) rounded off the top five.

John Mills 16th successive crown saw them surpassing Vere Technical's record of 15 consecutive girls' championship victories between 1979 and 1993, to becoming the school with the most successive wins at a track and field meet in Jamaica.

John Mills coach Ransford Spaulding was very happy with his team's accomplishment, but was not surprised.

"I am overwhelmed, I am elated, I feel good because I called this win, 'mission accomplished'," said Spaulding. "This is hard work commitment and dedication leading to 16 consecutive wins and 18 overall. I had predicted this from way back in November, this huge win was expected," he added.

grand fashion

John Mills had started out the day in grand fashion with Runique Gray taking the girls' long jump Class One with a record-breaking leap of 5.28m to eclipse the previous mark of 5.23m, which was set back in 1982.

Her teammate Shanice Chambers was runner-up with a jump of 4.80m, while New Day Primary and Junior High's Tasheika Thompson (4.80m) took third.

Thirteen-year-old Nakeem Hemmings of John Mills captured the 800m Class Three event in a time of 2:15.13, shaving 3.37 seconds off the previous time of 2:18.5, which was set by Kirk Allen in 1998.

Chetordo Arnett of Central Branch All-Age finished a distant second with a time of 2:22.19, while Romeo Heath (2:22.37) of Red Hills Road All-Age took the bronze.

Odane Watt of John Mills lived up to expectations in the 400m Class Three, as he followed up on his time of 55.95 seconds, which he had ran in the preliminary round to beat the time of 56 seconds flat, which was set by Anthony White back in 1992. He clocked a time of 55.44 seconds in the finals.

With Watt breaking the 400m Class Three record twice, it brought to seven the number of records that were broken over the three days of competition in six events.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Chat Room
Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com