Welcome Back
Watts, SDF split

Mon 26 Sep 2011 - 10:09 || Welcome Back Wi-owner || Newest user is KrisDeviant || Number of Post 5624 || Site up Days 748

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Watts, SDF split Empty
Watts, SDF split Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:28 pm

Wi-owner

Wi-owner

Anthony Foster, Star Writer
Watts, SDF split LudloweWattsB20050512RM
Ludlow Watts - File

Former general manager of the Sports Development Foundation (SDF) Ludlow Watts has berated the body for unprofessionalism within its ranks, and cited that issue as a key reason for parting ways with the government body.

According to a press release issued by the office of the Ministry of Youth, Sports and Culture yesterday, Watts' contract, which expired on the March 31, had not been renewed based on the fact that the body is attempting to reorganise in order to be more efficient. The statement went on to explain that as a result Major Desmond Brown, the current general manager of Independence Park Limited, has been temporarily appointed in the capacity of SDF general manager.

"The decision to appoint Major Brown to lead both entities now, instead of appointing a new general manager of the SDF, is in keeping with the ongoing public sector transformation process and the plan to reorganise the agencies of the Ministry of Youth, Sports and Culture for greater impact and efficiency," said the release.

"The Ministry of Youth, Sports and Culture which has responsibility for both entities, thanks Mr Watts for his service and Major Brown for agreeing to take the additional duties at this time."

professional manner

Watts, however, while insisting that he had no desire to renew his contract with the organisation, did not believe the issue was handled in a professional manner.

"I have had no correspondence from the chairman or the board, whether in writing or verbally regarding my contract," Watts told Star Sports.

"I have had no correspondence from the ministry or the minister whether in writing or verbally regarding my contract. I have had absolutely no communication regarding my contract," Watts said.

After five years on the job, however, Watts insisted that issues with the board had ensured that he no longer wished to be a part of the organisation. In fact, according to Watts he had expressed the sentiment in a letter to the SDF early last month.

"When I took up employment with the SDF in 2005, I had a vision of having the foundation benefit from my 33 years of discipline, banking experience, combined with my strong interest in sports and sports administration. The vision remained alive during the tenure of the previous board of directors, but I feel constrained to say that operating under the present board, has proven to be nothing short of a nightmare. I am therefore not interested in renewing my contract as at 31 March 2010, and I wish you all well."

Major Brown for his part reaffirmed the fact that the SDF position is just temporary.

"I am acting there and I am still the GM here (Independence Park)," said Brown.

Asked if he would apply for the job at SDF, Major Brown said that is not a part of my plans right now."

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Chat Room
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com