Welcome Back
Undefeated

Mon 26 Sep 2011 - 10:09 || Welcome Back Wi-owner || Newest user is KrisDeviant || Number of Post 5624 || Site up Days 748

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Undefeated Empty
Undefeated Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:50 pm

Wi-owner

Wi-owner

Anthony foster, Star Writer

Undefeated CentralChampsA20100311RM

Natoya

Long-distance sprinter Natoya Goule is elated to have ended her entire Champs career unbeaten, and is especially encouraged by the fact that she has earned a record 15 gold medals.

"It felt very good to know that I ended my high school career with 15 gold medals at Boys and Girls' Champs," Goule told Star Sports.

"I felt very good to end my career unbeaten, especially knowing that every year someone came out there to try their best to beat me," Goule added.

In her Champs career, which spans six years, Goule has never been beaten, but it's her 15 individual gold medals that sets her apart from anyone else. Goule started her Champs career at Class Three and after two years each in various classes remains unbeaten.

In 2005, as a first year Class 3, she took the 800/1500/3000 triple. She won the 800m in 2:12.84, beating Vere's Taniesha Davis (2:13.21) and Edwin Allen's Nikita Tracey (2:14.08), the 1500m in 4:45.88 and 3000m open in a record 10:08.10, erasing Lorain McKenzie of Edwin Allen's record of 10:23.68.

opted against running 3000m

A year later Goule opted against running the 3000m, but defended her Class 3 1500m (4:33.26) and 800m (2:09.60) titles. While in Class Two, she took the 1500m (4:33.26) and 3000m open (10:19.46) in 2007 and the 1500m (4:36.36) and 800m (2:08.78) in 2008.

In her final two years, as a senior at Champs, Goule took the 800m/1500 double in 2:04.29 and 4:31.43 respectively, while ending her junior career in glory, taking another triple - 800m (2:06.44), 1500m (4:29.81R) and 3000m (10:28.60).

Manchester High coach Jerry Holness described Goule as a phenonemal athlete and insists it was her goal to end her Champs career in style, with the triple crown.

"It was her personal goal to finish off her career with 15 gold medals and the only way to do that was to triple."

According to the coach the athlete used the fact that she has been unbeaten as added motivation when she gets on the track. The athlete also came in from glowing commendation from president of the Jamaica Amateur Athletic Association (JAAA) Howard Aris.

"It is only once in a life time people get a chance to witness such phenomenal performances from an athlete such as Natoya. She has an unblemished record of victories locally and regionally and her performances put her in a special category of athletes, who seems to be ahead of the time," he added.

Aris also praised Goule for her contribution at the national level.

"She has represented her country with distinction both on and off the track and leaves at a time when the expectation of Jamaica's runners in those distances are getting high and higher."

Hubert Lawrence a top track and field analyst believes the athlete has the potential to become world class.

"She is very, very strong and at the same time quite fast as well, so with that combination, if nurtured she could be as good as Kenia Sinclair and possibly a good prospect for the future," Lawrence said.

Despite her years of dominance, the athlete has, however, also maintained her humility and that has also earned her the respect of her peers.

"I always look up to her because she loves to win and she is always confident whenever she goes out. If you wanted it then you will have to go really hard to take it from her," said Edwin Allen's Nikita Tracey, who is also a former teammate of Goule on the national junior team.

Although recently overlooked for former Holmwood athlete Anneisha McLaughlin, who was voted athlete of the decade 2000-2010, few can doubt the impact the runner has had on Champs over the last 10 years. In fact many think the undefeated Goule should have been given the honour over McLaughlin, who lost in her pet 200m event to Simone Facey in 2004.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Chat Room
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com