Welcome Back
TOK's Flexx wants missing jewellery returned

Mon 26 Sep 2011 - 10:09 || Welcome Back Wi-owner || Newest user is KrisDeviant || Number of Post 5624 || Site up Days 748

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wi-owner

Wi-owner

TOK's Flexx wants missing jewellery returned STARRIGHT_1_PTVETflexx1AM
Contributed - T.O.K's Flexx

Artiste claims they went missing at airport

Roxroy McLean, Star Intern

Popular dancehall artiste Flexx, from the group T.O.K, says he will stop at nothing to reclaim his belongings, after he was robbed early Thursday morning while he and the other members were travelling to perform in the US Virgin Island (USVI).

In a release sent to THE STAR, Flexx said that his jewelries, worth US $4000, were stolen from his luggage and up until last night he was yet to reclaim any.

"We (T.O.K) were on our way to the US Virgin Islands for a concert and boarded flight AA 1549, which left Kingston, Jamaica, for Miami International at 6:10 a.m. On reaching the door of the plane I was told that the overhead compartments were full and I would have to check in my hand luggage," he said.

diamond bracelet

The singer, born Xavier Davidson, also said that he was instructed to leave his luggage at the door and it would be tagged and taken away. However, it was not until he arrived in Miami that he had realised his jewelries were missing.

"On arriving in Miami I collected my luggage and went in it, and I realised that my diamond bracelet was missing. I checked the bag three times to make sure that I didn't overlook it," he said.

"I reported it at the American Airlines luggage claim in Miami, not realising that my white gold chain, and a cross pendant with yellow diamonds, which were in a purple chain case, was also missing."

Flexx said he was again instructed to make the claim at his final destination, which was at St Thomas, USVI, but said he had got limited feedback on the whereabouts of his belongings.

He said he acknowledged that he was not the first victim to be robbed of belongings, but would like someone to take account and return the goods, as he was reluctant to let the issue slide.

"I know that I'm not the first to experience theft like this at the airport, but hopefully after this situation something will be done to fix the the glitch in our airport security and expose the thieves that constantly prey on hard-working Jamaican citizens. I will not stop until I get back what was taken from me or fully compensated for my loss," he said.

The group performed at the annual Spring Break event, held in the island.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Chat Room
Forum create on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com