Welcome Back
Sophia Brown ready for some musical love

Mon 26 Sep 2011 - 10:09 || Welcome Back Wi-owner || Newest user is KrisDeviant || Number of Post 5624 || Site up Days 748

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sophia Brown ready for some musical love Empty

Wi-owner

Wi-owner

Leighton Levy, Star Writer
Sophia Brown ready for some musical love Sophiabrown
Sophia Brown. - Contributed

Sophia Brown has almost finished working on her new single, Touch Me Right Here, that is to be released in May by Universal Records. Meantime, the record label last Wednesday initiated the worldwide release of her single Gimme That Good Love.

Touch Me Right Here, she said, is more island pop and she feels her fans - old and new - are going to be excited when they hear it. It will also show that she is now capable of singing in several genres.

"I know the international market is going to love this one," she said. The vocals have already been recorded and she is awaiting the music, which she said is going to be done by the legendary duo Sly and Robbie. She intends to take the finished product to Los Angeles this week.

The Good Love single is being distributed by Involved, Hooplia and Universal Records. According to David Gaithner of Involved Records, who is representing Brown in her relationship with Universal, plans are in place to get the accompanying video that was shot late last year on MTV, VH1, and All Access among other television and cable outlets. He did not give a timetable for the roll-out except to say these plans would be started "any day now".

media blitz

Gaithner told THE STAR that when Brown arrives in the United States this week, she will be embarking on a media blitz appearing on radio shows and performing at several clubs in the Bay Area of California. He said the record companies like Brown's music because it was fresh and pure reggae music.

"It's exciting. I am looking forward to it," said Brown, who was recently nominated in the Female Vocalist of the Year category at the EME Awards. Even though she didn't win, eventually losing out to rising international star Cherine Anderson, Brown said her confidence has been given a major boost by the progress she has made in her career in recent months. "Doing it internationally means a lot to me because this is where I really want to break through. I want to sell a million records then I'll know I am one step closer to winning the Grammy," she said.

She is even happier with her personal growth and development, improvements that she has attributed to her own hard work and commitment to her craft. Vocal courses that she recently took have definitely paid off, she believes, and the sky is now the limit.

"I realised something with myself recently. I recorded a song called Love Therapy and I am truly, truly satisfied with my vocals," she said. "For the first time I know that my confidence is over the top and just listening back to that song I feel the confidence, I hear the confidence. The lyrics are more projected and I am just on top of the world, ready to rock and roll."

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Chat Room
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com